Monday, August 28

Pillow Case Skirts

For a Young Women's activity, we made our own skirts out of pillow cases. Here is a little pic of the variety of skirts that were made. I thought they turned out great for the girls first sewing experience. I made mine out of a set of pillow cases Brandon's Grandmother had hand embelished with some needle point and crochet. You cannot see it in this picture, but you can see my slip hanging out of my skirt, oh well, let's just say it was one of those Sundays.

5 comments:

Hilary said...

VERY Cute... I love Keri's and Stephanies the most... how do you choose a pillowcase that's gonna hang right?
Perhaps you want to do a mom's night with the same idea?
And... the slip is classy. :) You were SHOWING the girls how important modesty is. :)

Carly said...

Such a cute idea! I have never heard of making adult skirts out of pillowcases. Another cute idea is making a baby/girl sundress out of antique pillowcases. A Martha Stewart classic "good things." We should try doing that sometime...

Anonymous said...

The skirts are super cute. How do you make them? I'm sure that my YW would love the idea.

Mandy said...

Nelle! I have been secretly reading and loving your blog all summer. I love seeing your cute family and wow- getting inspired by you to make great things...like pillow case skirts. My Laurels want to make them. Post the instructions or email me. Love you babe!

Becky said...

These really are super cute. What a fun idea! I didn't know you were so creative and crafty, Janelle.