Sunday, October 14

Puree Land



So I watched Oprah last week, was waiting for this episode, and Jessica Seingfield was on there with her new book Delicously Decietful and the famous Dr. Oz was on aswell. After watching the episode I could not wait until I was somewhere were the book was being sold. I picked it up at Target for around $17. Anyways, the idea behind it is to get your kids and yourslef to eat more veggies, meaning more vitamins and fiber in your diet, meaning healthier person and happier kids. I love it!!!!!!!!!!! The girls and I went to the grocerey store and stocked up on veggies and then we spent Saturday afternoon pureeing it up. London even helped, she got to wash, rinse and peel the veggies and Sydney helped me push the button on my food processor. I was able to make a ton and have not even done the zuchinni, yellow squash, peas, spinach and cauliflower yet. I also tested some of the recipes. Saturday night we had chicken nuggets with beets and sweet potato puree. Sunday morning we had french toast with a sweet potato puree and tonight we had mashed potatos with butternut squash puree. I am excited about the whole thing if you cannot tell and it is fun and easy and the kids love it.

5 comments:

Brit said...

My mom said that she saw that Oprah episode, sounds like my kind of thing. I also need to eat more vegetables so this is even good for us grown ups. Maybe I can put my new cuisinart to use!

Knight knughts said...

ok I bet that was a hefty bill. I spend a fortune buying fresh fruits and veggies for my family. You will have to let me know how it works out this week and if it is satisfying.

Hilary said...

We have this sweet produce store that's by C's school (and not too far from Laurelwood)... might be a cheaper way to get your veggies.
I like the idea behind it, but I also really want my kids to enjoy the flavor of the actual vegetable. One of those other Dr Oz shows said you have to indroduce a food up to 30 times before your child starts to like it.... However, I agree, it's a vicious cycle. :) Let me know how it works in the long-run.

Tristan said...

I am so excited about it too! I haven't started yet, but I think I will this week! Your veggies looks awesome! Where did you pick them up at?

Emily said...

I saw that show and loved it! I'm glad you are trying her recipes...let me know how you like them!